Head of Quality Assurance
SC clearance - must be active/current/used within the last 12 months
Day rate, Inside IR35.
6 month contract, likely to extend
You will lead the implementation of the strategy and the planning across the directorate via Test Leads delegating responsibilities as appropriate. Of which their role is to test the business/ operational requirements, whilst working in close collaboration with the Digital Services and Technology (DST) team and external suppliers, as they manage the build and test of all technical solutions.
As part of the strategy, you will lead on instilling a testing culture that is iterative and focussed on an approach to identify and drive down risks as early as possible. To do this you will have a strong corporate focus, driving through collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders across the organisation, including Operations and Digital Services and Technology Directorates. You will also be expected to build relationships and networks across other departments as appropriate.
You will be responsible for providing confidence to senior managers that systems and processes under test meet the performance, architectural, functional, and non-functional requirements and are fit-for-purpose, in line with defined operational acceptance criteria.
You will build and shape the required testing capabilities leading an immediate team and will be expected to be an exemplary role model in terms of skills and behaviours. You will instil a flexible, adaptable, resilient and delivery focussed culture across the immediate and wider business teams in relation to testing.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
* Setting the strategic direction of Health, Population & Methods (HPM) Transformation's test strategy.
* Identifying resource required to lead and manage a professional, delivery focused testing team embedding a culture of continuous improvement.
* Owning, developing, and delivering a test strategy and plan, as well as associated test policies, identifying remedial action to support quality assurance and adherence to defined operational acceptance criteria.
* Establishing, building, and maintaining relationships with stakeholders across other government departments to enable benchmarking against best practice and professional industry standards.
* Direct solution and service testing across the Programme lifecycle.
* Managing resource planning and estimation using auditable criteria and methods including testing relationships with internal and external suppliers and stakeholders.
* Developing and managing the process for the creation of test scenarios in conjunction with the requirement gathering and design stages.
* Ensuring that test efforts are effectively estimated, planned, resourced, and coordinated across the programme, in line with ONS procedures and frameworks.
* Managing the provision of comprehensive reports on test progress, defects, and risk to support informed decisions by senior stakeholders.
* Leading testing approach, with a view to removing faults and defects earlier in the project process to reduce the cost of defect repair.
* Managing impact reviews as part of the change management process and overseeing the methods and procedures to keep tests up-to-date and in line with change.
During the periods of transition and live operations the responsibilities will also include:
* Working with the release and integration managers to drive a smooth transition from test environments to production environments:
- Assisting in the investigation of run-time incidents and problems;
- Maintenance of workaround procedures for known issues;
- Oversight of late solutions/process delivery quality.
* Strategic experience within a complex change programme environment, recognising the iterative nature of testing and what this means for planning.
* Experience of running a professional large-scale testing programme.
* Formal Testing Qualifications Advanced ISTQB (or equivalent experience).
* Strategic change agent with strong negotiation, leadership, stakeholder, and people skills
* Excellent proven knowledge and understanding of customers.
Functional Testing, must be able to:
* Design and execute a wide range of testing techniques and communicate test results to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
* Make decisions on the environment for testing and coach others.
* Raise defects with the business and help prioritise them based on defect severity.
* Analyse changes to, or the development of, products and services and put in place appropriate test plans.
* Run and manage appropriate tests to ensure that requirements have been fully met.
* Understand and identify the most effective techniques, data sets and tools to use.
* Communicate defects or trends clearly to software developers, outlining how defects are identified and the possible causes.
Head of Quality Assurance (QA)
|Job Title:||Head of Quality Assurance (QA)|
|Salary:||£600 - £700 per day + INSIDE IR35|
|Contact Name:||Tara Hibbott|
|Job Published:||February 02, 2022 13:56|
Head of Quality Assurance
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Change & Release Analyst
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
£400 - £450 per day + Outside IR35
Java Developer// Outside// Remote
£400 - £475 per annum + Outside IR35
Senior User Researcher - Outside IR35 - Remote
£0.00 - £440 per annum + Outside IR35
£0.00 - £450 per annum + Outside IR35