Head of Security Delivery - Central Government Contract
- Security Clearance: SC - candidates already with SC preferred.
- Role location: Flexible hybrid working arrangement.
- Rates: Inside IR35 - flexible and dependent on experience
- Duration: Until 31st March 2023.
- Deadline: 12 noon 20th April 2022
You will oversee, manage and report on the delivery of all aspects of security including security threat and risk advice, technical and business operational design through 'secure by design' protections, the identification and reporting of security risk, the selection of appropriate mitigations to meet risk appetite and the delivery of security assurance for live operations.
You will be the primary security point of contact for the leadership and wider government stakeholders involved in the programme. You will ensure the delivery of security and information management milestones, and the underpinning technical, people, process and data security measures.
While integrated, you will be part of the Security and Information Management Directorate (SaIM) leadership team, reporting to the Chief Security Officer (CSO).
We are committed to supporting our people's wellbeing by offering flexible ways of working that support a healthy work life balance in line with our policies.
The focus and responsibilities are aligned to the Government Security Profession framework for a corporate enabler - security advisor.
* Operating as the SaIM owner for security delivery, ensuring the oversight of security requirements development, threat and risk understanding, technical and business operations secure design, acting as the senior conduit for cyber risk management concerns, issues and problems;
* Influencing leaders within workstreams to ensure the appropriate understanding of security risk, the adoption of security and information management requirements and their implementation within workstreams to bring security risk within the defined appetite;
* Influencing and providing security assurance to data partners and providers on all aspects of data safeguarding to support trust in data sharing and analytical activity;
* Directing the embedded team of SaIM security and information specialists, through existing Directorate structures, ensuring local delivery of security level 1-2 programme milestones;
* Overseeing the effective delivery of security work within and reporting this to various Boards and the CSO, including financial, resourcing, design, operations and risk activity;
* Supporting in obtaining the appropriate legislative approvals for the including the security accreditation for the Digital Economy Act and compliance with the Data Protection Act.
* Experience of operating in a senior capacity within large programmes and proven engagement with stakeholders;
* An ability to take and present a big-picture view of a complex operating environment and identify strategic factors relevant to security and risk appetite;
* Experience in leading security team delivery in complex technical environments, supporting technical and business advice large programmes and organisations;
* Knowledge of UK Government security approaches, security guidance, legislation and appropriate international standards;
* HMG Security Vetting at Security Clearance (SC) level and potentially Developed Vetting (DV) will be required once in role.