Head of Software Engineering
Reading / Remote
Head of Software Engineering (SaaS / PaaS / Digital / Web / Mobile). This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Software Development Manager to make a real impact at a high growth organisation.
This is not a hands-on technical role, but more focused on technical leadership of a team to enable successful delivery of product solutions and features. The team consists of around 25 people, 6 of which reporting directly to the Head of Software Engineering.
This business is looking for someone to set technical direction, make technical decisions, select the appropriate architecture and ensure coding best practices whilst encouraging Agile approaches, CI/CD and DevOps principles.
- Extensive software engineering / development leadership experience
- Demonstrable experience successfully overseeing the technical delivery of complex web and mobile applications (SaaS / PaaS / Digital / Web / Mobile)
- Management of teams within Agile technical and business environments
- Familiarity with technologies including NodeJS, PHP, TypeScript, APIs, microservices, AWS, CI/CD, etc
- Experience decomposing monolith into microservices, and microservices in general
- Good understanding of non-functional requirements (security, performance etc)
- Line management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, with both technical and non-technical colleagues
As a Head of Software Engineering, you can expect to earn a competitive salary plus benefits.
Apply today to have a confidential discussion about this role.