Head of Survey Design and Development
Survey Design, Survey Delivery, Stakeholder Management
Inside IR35, COVID-19 contract
A key leadership role within CIS, as the CIS Survey Manager you are responsible for all aspects of the design of this high profile survey so that it best meets stakeholder requirements and for supporting ongoing operational delivery of the survey. You will act as the lead for engagement with in relation to the formal survey protocol and medical ethics. With a clear vision for how the survey can be developed and improved, you will provide technical leadership of the continuous improvement work on the survey. You will achieve this through the effective leadership and management of your team and through working effectively with colleagues, wider Government and the delivery consortium.
The full responsibilities of this role include:
* Leadership - You will contribute to the broader strategic leadership of the survey, working collaboratively with colleagues in the CIS Senior Management team so that it acts as one. Drawing on your technical expertise you will set the direction and priorities for the development of the survey.
* Survey Design - You are responsible for the design and development of this ~£1bn survey, including the sample, questionnaire, respondent materials and respondent engagement strategy. You will oversee and input into the formal survey protocol which are responsible for maintaining and which is used to gain medical ethics approval for the survey.
* Survey Delivery - You are responsible for the provision of the survey sample on a weekly basis and for ensuring the size of the sample enables the survey to meet its target enrollment and swab testing numbers.
* Stakeholder Management - You are responsible for building a close and effective working relationship with colleagues to deliver the development of the survey and with customers and stakeholders to understand their requirements.
* Management - You will have direct line management of a small team.
* Quality - You are responsible for the quality of the data captured on the survey and you will work closely with the CIS Operations, Data Pipeline and Analysis teams to identify and understand quality issues and develop interventions and improvements as required.
* Integration - The CIS is one of several surveillance studies sponsored by DHSC and one of several surveys. You will be responsible for working closely with these other surveys to identify opportunities for integrated survey designs, operational delivery or transformation.
Relevant Skills and Experience
A comprehensive technical background in survey design and delivery. E
Successfully delivering a safe, high quality and efficient service, project or operation. E
Managing a team, building capability and supporting your people to excel E
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to engage staff at all levels using a range of media. E
Experience managing complex stakeholder relations and demanding customers E
Operating successfully across organisational boundaries E