Head of User Research / Lead Service Design (Public Sector)
GDS Principals / Central Government
Outside of IR35
Pay: £500 - £600pd
Currently working with a critical division within central government, we are looking to recruit a Lead Service Design / Head of User Research. This role is to work on an integral part of the EU exit, so come with serious economical implications.
You will have excellent understanding of GDS (Government Digital Service) pricipals and well versed in Planning, designing and conducting the usability testing process from developing user recruitment through to test moderation, analysis and reporting.
**GDS (Government Digital Services) / Public Sector project understanding essential**
- Conducting research to gather insights for new product and concept developments.
- Manage and conduct user research and concept development.
- Understanding of user personas and investigate user behaviour.
- Lead users throughout the process of proposing, wireframing, and implementing UX improvements.
- Modelling insights gained from user research into formats to enhance organizational understanding of users - such as personas and user journey maps.
- Working closely with designers and developers to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction.
- Knowledge of human factors and user-centred design process to product and service design.
- Good at influencing user needs to senior stakeholders and acting as a persuasive advocate for those needs.
- Experience of conducting user interviews.
- Background in analysing both quantitative and qualitative data to produce UX artefacts.
- Previous experience of managing, planning, designing.
- Previous experience of developing and conducting usability testing sessions.
- Stakeholder workshops related to research / Focus groups / Small / Large scale.
If this sound like a role that speaks to your existing skillset, please don't hesitate to apply and send and up to date CV asap.