Hosting and Storage Manager
2-year fixed term position.
The Post attracts a £4,000 PDP allowance after completion of 9 months service.
37 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Remote for foreseeable/duration if needed.
The post will lead a small, specialist team of Hosting and Storage for the planning, implementation, configuration and tuning of storage hardware and software covering online, offline, remote and offsite data storage. The post will also manage priorities and available resources to also satisfy service development project needs where feasible
The post is part of the IT Service Operations Management Team within the IT department. The department has a compliment of 57 staff based at Longmore House. The Hostage and Storage Team has 3 staff including this post. The post holder will manage the other two team members.
Key responsibilities, duties and objectives
HES are on a cloud journey and are currently migrating many of our systems to IaaS platforms. The candidate will need to actively drive this migration and to develop and build the relationship with our partners.
Drafts and maintains standards and procedures for service component capacity management. Ensures the correct implementation of standards and procedures. Proactively reviews information in conjunction with service level agreements to identify any capacity issues and specifies any required changes. Works with business users to agree and implement short and medium term modifications to demand.
Manages the storage and backup systems to provide agreed service levels. Responsible for creating, improving, and supporting quality IT services with optimal utilisation of storage resources, ensuring data security, availability and integrity of business data. Drafts standards, procedures and guidelines for implementing data protection and disaster recovery functionality for all business applications and business data using different online and offline storage devices.
Supervises individuals and teams. Allocates routine tasks and/or project work. Provides direction, support and guidance as necessary, in line with individuals' skills and abilities. Monitors progress against agreed quality and performance criteria. Acts to facilitate effective working relationships between team members.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Knowledge of storage technologies such as Comvault.
- Knowledge and experience in the provisioning and management of VM's
- Knowledge and experience in Windows Server Operating Systems.
- Knowledge and experience in Linux Servers and associated technologies.
- Knowledge and experience of Back Up methodologies and technologies for on premise and cloud.
- Knowledge and experience to support our DBA's including SQL, MySQL and Oracle.
- Knowledge and Experience in Microsoft Cloud technologies such as Azure.
- Knowledge and Experience in Microsoft PaaS technologies such as Office 365 including SharePoint, SfB and Teams.
- An understanding of basic networking and routing including firewalling.
- Experience with monitoring systems.
Qualifications & Professional Memberships:
Educated to bachelor degree level or holds a relevant professional qualification - Desirable
We welcome applications from all nationalities, ensuring that they have the right to work in the UK and applying for a job with us could open the door to a unique work environment. It could also give you job satisfaction and excellent development opportunities, plus a competitive salary, 25 days paid holidays (rising to 30 days after 5 years' service) and 11.5 public holidays a year - pro rata for part time staff.
In addition we offer a great benefits package to our employees which includes:
- flexible working hours (where appropriate)
- special leave
- maternity/paternity leave
- adoption leave
- childcare vouchers
- reimbursement for relevant professional subscriptions
- support for further education and personal development
- study leave for work related courses
- access to a learning resource centre
Health and welfare
We offer you access to:
- our Employee Assistance Programme - for confidential advice and counselling
- an occupational sick pay scheme
- discounts at some local authority leisure facilities
- interest free loans for bicycles and annual travel passes (see 'season ticket' below)
- reasonable adjustments when needed, as part of our Equalities policy
You will receive:
- free entry to all of our properties (with up to three guests)
- free entry to English Heritage, Manx and Cadw properties
- 20% off purchases in our retail outlets
You can receive an advance to help with the cost of buying an annual season ticket for travel between home and work. The advance is then repaid from your salary over the life of the season ticket. Available to all permanent and fixed-term staff