HR Business Partner
Fixed term contract - 6months
- Provide a business focused partnering service ensuring that our People strategy is implemented and embedded within partnered Directorate and more widely within our organisation.
- Act as the confident people expert within the senior leadership teams they partner, providing senior leaders with expert strategic and tactical advice regarding people issues and the implementation of people strategy to enable successful business outcomes.
- Monitor and assure control of the establishment within the Directorate they partner.
- Analyse business data, intelligence and metrics to enable alignment of people strategies with the needs of the business and to ensure that people risks and issues are identified and mitigated providing appropriate people solutions.
- Develop strategies and people interventions that support business delivery and improved performance in partnered area, ensuring successful implementation; acting as champion and providing training and coaching where necessary.
- Contribute to the development of the Organisation wide people strategies and policies and lead and deliver assigned HR projects.
- Act as an expert for a suite of HR policies and ensure that they are updated and maintained as directed by the programme of work agreed with the SEO HR Ops Manager
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as TUS liaison for assigned projects ensuring appropriate consultation /engagement takes place.
- Build first class business relationships based on trust with the Director and senior leaders they partner, influencing and challenging to ensure that operational strategies and people strategies are aligned.
- Build effective and supportive relationships within teams, across the organisation and with stakeholders. Work together with others to assist the delivery of organisational strategic objectives.
- Share process improvements and efficiency ideas and solutions to enhance team and organisational performance.
- Listen and act upon feedback and take responsibility for self-development.
- Be a role model for our Core Values.
- Make decisions that are in the overall interest of the organisation and the successful delivery of the strategic plan.
- Ensure personal and organisational data is stored and managed in line with organisational policies and procedures.
- CIPD level 5 or willingness towards studying towards this
- Ability to formulate a people strategy for a particular business area taking into account the overall business strategy and the people strategy.
- In depth knowledge of Employment law and the practical application of that law in a business environment.
- Experience of having dealt with complex HR issues and issues which have an impact on the business.
- Experience of giving in depth advice to senior stakeholders.
- Experience of working as a business partner supporting a key area of the business or service.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Analytical and research skills and ability to apply these skills to provide effective solutions to HR issues.
- Influencing and persuading skills.
- Experience of dealing with Trade Unions
- Experience of working within the HR department of a Civil Service department
- Experience of leading and line managing people to improve performance or through significant change.
If you'd like to be considered for this role please contact me on 0117 332 0834