- Fareham, Hampshire
- £23 - £26 per hour
- Job Type
- Taijaan deCordova
- 15 days ago
HR Consultant - Central Government
Titchfield - working from home for the foreseeable
£23 - £26 per hour - 37 hours a week, Inside IR35
We are recruiting for a HR Consultant who will need to ensure that this external provider delivers a quality outcome for our staff. There may be some complex cases that will be managed by the supplier and internally and you will oversee these.
Whilst this role sits within the wider HR team, you will also work closely with other workstreams in the CFPS function (including Recruitment, Training, Payroll and Health & Safety) as well as wider teams within or externally to ensure end to end service delivery meets requirements.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing and developing a team of skilled casework specialists, ensuring delivery of an excellent casework service.
- Providing an escalation route for complex employment relations matters handled by the casework team.
- Developing an inclusive and positive working environment, role modeling good practice across the organistation and the HR profession.
- Coaching and supporting census managers, developing positive working relationships with your key stakeholders.
- Ensuring managers and staff understand their employment terms and responsibilities through the production and publication of appropriate materials, including training
- Working with the supplier to develop and follow processes to meet service delivery requirements
- Working with stakeholders to establish operational requirements and contingency arrangements
- Ensuring the provision of timely and appropriate HR advice on high risk cases
- Support Employment Tribunal case management as necessary.
- Maintain a thorough awareness of developments in employment law, case law and best practice.
- Fully understanding the GDPR requirements and develop processes to ensure robust monitoring and compliance
- Have experience of managing complex case work, preferably including tribunal/court cases
- Have experience of contract management either as a supplier or a customer in an HR environment that provides advice on a range of HR issues
- Ability to effectively manage and develop a professional, busy team, building and maintaining a supportive and inclusive team culture.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, consultation, planning, problem solving, analytical and presentation skills.
- Excellent understanding of current employment and data protection legislation and its practical application.
- Awareness of future developments to employment legislation and professional developments in relation to people management good practice.
- Professional credibility with proven experience of advising, coaching and influencing others.
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise own work, and work of others.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven track record of establishing, building and maintaining strong, collaborative and productive relationships with stakeholders and/or suppliersAbility to effectively draft and articulate reports, briefings and business cases
- Member of CIPD (associate or member minimum) with relevant experience of successfully working within a progressive complex HR environment