MData Gov Academic Reviewer
Newport - Remote for foreseeable and duration of contract if needed.
£25-27 per hour. Inside IR35
Contract initially until 13Th August 2021. Possible extension.
Description of Requirement:
The Data Science Campus is looking to recruit a HR specialist with a training/learning development background to undertake a review of the current MSc training programme.
The consultant will need to engage with our university partners and students to understand the programme and present a report which details the challenges and offers suggestions for how the Campus can obtain greater value from the programme and the relationships with the partner universities.
The Data Science Campus has partnered with universities to provide the Masters of Analysis in Data Science for Government (MDataGov) to build high level capability across UK Government
These relationships have been in place for three or more years.
The impact and value of the relationships hasn't been assessed. Over time memoranda of understanding have been established with universities and other academic bodies but there is no true measurement of the value or impact of these relationships.
The MDataGov scheme is underutilised. Arguably the greatest measurable impact is the number of people taking part in the standalone CPD module elements rather than the complete part-time programme. The scheme is also admin intensive and we don't have a clear picture from the Universities of who takes part in the scheme. The Campus also funds attendees which is financially demanding whilst not being able to demonstrate the lasting value or impact of the scheme.
There are knowledge gaps in areas to help deliver the outcomes:
- What has been the value and impact to date of the MDataGov?
- What do our stakeholders value from the current MDataGov offer and what would they like to see improved?
- What mechanism can we introduce to monitor the impact and value in real time?
- What alternatives could be offered to meet the needs of stakeholders?
To answer these questions will involve a structured series of exploratory meetings and investigation with the following (this is a suggested list of stakeholders and is not exhaustive):
- Current students and universities/academic institutions
- Capability leads at Data Science Campus
- Admin staff at Data Science Campus
- Data Scientists at Data Science Campus
- The Analysis Function
- Literature review of alternative sources of Master Level Data Science solutions
Upon completion of the assessment the client will need a detailed report setting out the analysis of the most resource effective and impactful solutions to deliver the outcomes. This report must include
- The feedback of value and impact to support the recommendations
- Any issues raised during the review that need addressing
- A timeframe for implementation of any recommended changes
- Any identified gaps in the available information influencing the recommendations
- CIPD Qualified
- Skilled Learning and Development Practitioner
- Robust and empathetic stakeholder engagement
- Understanding of the UK university system
- Understanding of Data Analysts and its use in the UK