CIS Incentive/Complaints Caseworker
Titchfield - Work is onsite
£13 per hour. Inside IR35
Finish: 30th September 2021
The Covid-19 pandemic is having a profound impact across the UK. The ONS Covid Infection Survey (CIS) was set up to measure the prevalence and incidence of Covid19 in the population, including among those who didn't realise that they had it at the time. It is of critical importance, directly feeding into Government policy. The CIS Programme sits within the Health Analysis and Pandemic Insights (HA&PI) Directorate, and covers a broad range of Covid-19 Infection surveillance including the Schools Infection Survey and other surveillance studies such as those within universities, care homes, prisons etc. The Programme is an exciting collaboration between the ONS, Department for Health and Social Care (DHSC) plus academics from Oxford and Manchester Universities, Public Health England and a broad range of other external stakeholders.
About the Role
Within the CIS Operations Division, the Incentives Mailbox is responsible for managing email queries regarding incentives from participants in the Covid Infection Survey. This survey is increasing in scale each week, adding further participants to a sample that is undertaking regular swab and blood tests to provide key data on the spread of COVID-19 across the UK. To encourage participation in the survey, incentive vouchers are offered for each visit that is successfully completed. Due to the scale of this survey, we are receiving multiple queries from participants that need responding to, to ensure that these vouchers are received correctly and in a timely fashion. The aim is to resolve queries at the first point of contact, escalating more complex queries.
We have vacancies available to join the team that is currently managing this work. The work is fast paced and is crucial in supporting the successful delivery of this vital survey.
The role will include:
- Managing individual queries from participants who are enquiring about their incentive vouchers
- Identifying and resolving issues using the information available
- Escalating queries of a more complex nature as required
- Responding to participants by email, also contacting participants by phone where applicable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, tailoring all communications to suit the audience
- Using Excel spread sheets to identify key information to help resolve queries
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working in a customer service environment
- Ability to deal with wide ranging enquiries and follow through to resolution, along with the ability to develop solutions to address a problem