A highly successful organisation which has quickly grown into a global brand is now recruiting!
They are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to work on the server technologies that underpin the enterprise estate. They will help define the x86 server roadmap and new server technologies to drive improvement and performance.
No one day is like the other, providing plenty of interesting, challenging and fast paced work . If you are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges, then this is the role for you!
In return, you'll receive a highly competitive salary and the opportunity to work for an employer which provides ample room for growth.
- Manage hardware and operating system roadmaps, providing analysis and recommendations for new technologies to ensure a performant and stable hardware platform.
- Analysis of workload data to understand server performance and provide recommendations.
- Liaising with third party vendors to resolve complex hardware and software issues.
- Provide an in depth analysis of vendor security/feature updates and implications for deployment within the server estate.
- Define baselines for firmware, drivers and operating system security patches ensuring qualification routines provide end to end testing.
- Automation of routine tasks.
- Stay abreast of latest technologies and make recommendations for implementation
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation.
- Identifying areas of improvement and actively work to resolve them.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- In depth technical understanding of server hardware to a component level across multiple hardware vendors
- Knowledge of server operating systems Microsoft Windows, Linux and hypervisors.
- Experience of server monitoring and sizing tools, (e.g. - Hpe OneView, Dell OpenManage, Dell Live Optics).
- PowerShell, nsible and REST API experience
- Ability to troubleshooting complex hardware problems to identify root cause.
- Able to communicate issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Creation of technical documentation.
- Technical qualifications or hardware vendor accreditation advantageous