IT Infrastructure Engineer
Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
Purpose of Role
The IT Infrastructure Engineer will collaborate with:
· the Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer;
· Stephensons IT department, and
· external technical partners
on the delivery of infrastructure service and support pertaining to projects, incidents, security, documentation, and business-as-usual (BAU) activities.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer will also collaborate with the Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer on the management of technical partners who provide services such as cloud/hosting, network, and security.
Finally, the IT Infrastructure Engineer will, in collaboration with Stephensons IT department and external technical partners, promote and engage in the modernisation of Stephensons IT infrastructure in line with Stephensons IT strategy and new technological developments.
Key Performance Indicators
The provision of infrastructure-level technical service and support relating to projects, implementations, incidents, problems, BAU, and any other work items and activities encompassing:
· Microsoft 365.
· Exchange Online.
· Security technologies, e.g. MFA, firewalls, anti-malware, IPS/IDS, SIEM, certificate renewal and management, patch management, penetration testing.
· Network technologies, e.g. switches, VLANs, Wi-Fi, DNS, DHCP, VPNs, MPLS.
· Windows Server 2010R2-2019.
· Active Directory Domain Services, Group Policy.
· Windows desktop, e.g. OS, productivity, management, remote access, deployment, hardware.
· Virtualisation infrastructure and virtual estate management.
· Monitoring and alerting systems; use of ticket management systems.
· VMware Cloud Director.
· Cisco Meraki.
· Working within one or more elements of the ITIL framework, e.g. change control.
· Any engagement with solicitor-specific technologies, e.g. Visual Files, Big Hand, SOS.
· A minimum of 3 years' demonstrable experience in IT infrastructure.
· Relevant IT / technical qualifications, e.g. Microsoft certifications, and/or IT / Computer Science degree/diploma.
and to the delivery of service to the business.