As a highly successful organisation, my client has rapidly grown into a global operation delivering their services to millions of customers across the world
To support their rapidly expanding organisation, they are in need of an infrastructure engineer to join their operations team to aid in the system monitoring, performance and capacity management improvements
Essential skills include:
- Effective time management, organisation and prioritising work to meet deadlines.
- An active communicator on technical issues and solutions both within and outside of the team.
- Strong knowledge of operating system stack and upstream or downstream application, database and network services.
- Exposure to configuration management, orchestration and automation tools; such as Ansible.
- Previous experience in supporting highly available, web application systems at scale.
- Experience in supporting containerised workloads.
- Experience with log aggregators, including Splunk or LogStash.
- Scripting/development experience preferably with one of more of bash, Python, Golang, Powershell, C#, HTML5, CSS3.
- Knowledge in some or all of core infrastructure services, data protection and storage, security, networking, virtualisation and containerised technology.
On a day to day basis, you will be:
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation.
- Applying a software engineering mind set to system administration.
- Providing reactive and proactive support for enterprise computer and storage systems.
- Major incident and problem resolution, via deep dive analysis.
- Developing infrastructure system monitoring, performance and capacity management improvements.
- Defining and automating infrastructure processes and routines.
- Identifying areas for continuous improvement through automation, documentation, process or working methods.