Infrastructure Support Engineer
- Must have current SC clearance to apply your application will not be considered if you do not have this
- Fully remote working or onsite in Newport
- Until 30/04/2022 initally
- Rate Negotiable - Inside IR35 contract - Ideally 500/600per day
- Deadline 23/09/21 12 Noon
- Support and provision for end user computing, covering hardware, OS, software, peripherals, telephony, access and connectivity.
- Incident resolution, for all the above, both local and remote in line with OLA.
- Request fulfilment, for all the above, both local and remote in line with OLA.
- Hardware support to cover PC, Laptop, Tablet, Mobile Phone, OS (win7/win10), desktop peripherals and connectivity. Also covers management, storage and physical disposal of stock including auditable management of stock on the Configuration Management Database.
- Software support to include manual and package installations; download of new software versions, virus checking and local storage and management.
- Management of (Lexmark) printer estate.
- Use and utilisation of supporting systems including Active Directory, MS Exchange, Lumension, SCCM, Airwatch, Remote Access, Skype for Business, MS Teams, MarkVision, ServiceNow, D ell/Lenovo Hardware, Bluecoat, Wi-Fi, VDI and other systems that may be introduced at any time.
- Escalation to and liaison with external suppliers for both incident management and service delivery, currently this includes Modality Systems (Skype for Business), Lexmark (printer estate), BMS (remote access support), Boxxe (MovelT) and others, list will change over time.
- Escalation to and liaison with internal technology teams covering 3rd line support or other technology specialisms for incident management, problem management and service delivery.
- Support, including initial triage, for any other technologies used across the estate including smart meeting rooms, room booking tablets etc.
- Involvement with and allocation to project delivery in line with activity scope around end user hardware, OS, software or service change.
- Recommissioning of office space post covid shutdown
- Secure wiping and preparation of redundant IT kit for disposal or onward gifting to charities.
- This list is subject to change based on the needs of the organisation.
Essential Skills and experience:
- Microsoft Windows operating systems/technologies, RAS Administration
- Active Directory management, Application and operating system deployment using SCCM
- Mobile Device Management, Network Share Administration
- Takes ownership of problems and proactively resolves technical problems, ensuring that technical solutions continue to meet business requirements. Takes full accountability for actions taken and decisions made. Owns an issue until a new owner has been found or the problem has been mitigated and / or resolved.
- Maintains focus on the whole life of service delivery - designs, develops, delivers and operates. Ensures that a set of IT products, suppliers and vendors come together to deliver an IT service
- Has lateral thinking capability to dissect a problem into its component parts to identify and diagnose root causes, allowing problem resolution. Able to troubleshoot and identify problems across different technology capabilities including compute, storage, networking, physical infrastructure, software, commercial off the shelf (COTS) and open-source packages and solutions, virtual and cloud including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.