Infrastructure Engineer (Power BI Admin) - Central Government
*** Power BI experience is a must ***
- Remote working
- 6 months Contract - Inside IR35
- SC Clearance hugely beneficial
- Deadline: 14/01/22
Description of Requirement:
The Power BI Project Team has a requirement for a Infrastructure Engineer with very good experience of using and supporting Power BI across an organisation.
A depth of User knowledge to create and document support tasks such as handling orphaned or unused workspaces and datasets as well as monitoring, performing checks and providing user advice to ensure the tool is being used within organisational constraints. NB The role is not that of a User trainer.
The successful candidate will be heavily involved in the introduction of Power BI capability for the organisation, including the provision of an Enterprise Data Gateway and translating captured User requirements into technical change working with established Technical Architects.
The successful candidate will join the Agile Project delivery team and then transition into a newly formed DevSecOps team establishing best practice support of received Power BI requests/incidents and knowledge sharing across the team.
* Delivery of tools and best practice to monitor and support a wide organisation beginning to take advantage of Power BI.
* Working as part of an Agile team, helping colleagues to extend Power BI capability for our Users and helping to upskill colleagues.
* Engaging directly with customers to clarify requests and Incidents and to advise on good practice.
* Supporting our production platform, including monitoring the help desk and resolution of incidents within agreed SLAs
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- A good understanding of the Power BI Admin Portal Settings and their effects. Essential
- Proven track record of delivering in Agile project teams, including effective collaboration with colleagues and customers, utilising a range of Agile methods and techniques Essential
- Experience of developing business dashboards in Power BI Essential
- Experience of monitoring, governing, and supporting Power BI, including usage/development of support scripts/tools to prevent issues.
- Experience in working in an ITIL organisation to support Power BI Users