A highly successful organisation which has quickly grown into a global brand is now recruiting!
They are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer Team Lead to work on the server technologies that underpin the enterprise estate. They will help define the x86 server roadmap and new server technologies to drive improvement and performance.
No one day is like the other, providing plenty of interesting, challenging and fast paced work . If you are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges, then this is the role for you!
In return, you'll receive a highly competitive salary and the opportunity to work for an employer which provides ample room for growth.
- Assisting in the development and management of a hardware roadmap in support of the platform strategy
- Effective leadership skills through delegation to ensure balanced workloads
- Developing team members and their skills to deliver and support new technologies, ensuring training, mentoring and coaching is in place for the team.
- Clear and regular tracking and reporting of work packages / team projects
- Mentoring and coaching team members to assist with their development, completing appraisal reviews and administration responsibilities of the team
- Understanding the efforts both resource and time and assess impacts and risks in delivery of the work stacks within the team.
- Distributing knowledge and mentoring team members
- Removing blockers to delivery.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous experience leading a team of technical infrastructure engineers.
- A technical understanding of server hardware and operating systems.
- Self-motivated technology professional with the drive to succeed and desire to progress a on management path.
- Can add value and alternative views to problem solving bringing disparate groups together.
- Experience managing multiple streams of Infrastructure work, assigning team resource to ensure on time delivery
- An effective communicator both written and verbally in technical and non-technical subjects to both a technical and business audience.
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire and motivate teams so that they work harmoniously and effectively.