- Development of the Emergency Department Digital Integration (EDDI)
- 6 Month Contract
- Handson experience designing and building services on AWS
- Healthcare or NHS experience desirable
We're looking for an experienced Technical Architect who will support the development of the Emergency Department Digital Integration (EDDI) service which will provide 111 online and telephony with the capability to make appointment bookings.
* Proven track record of cloud-based solution architectures, particularly using AWS
* Knowledge of and experience of using architecture frameworks such as TOGAF or AWS Well Architected Framework
* Hands on experience of open source server technologies including PostgreSQL, Apache httpd, and Apache Tomcat
* Proficiency in Linux
* RESTful API design, assurance and management
* Excellent written and communication skills
* Management of suppliers and assurance of their solutions
* Evidence of identifying and documenting functional and non-functional requirements for a particular project
* AWS Solution Architect (Associate or Professional) certification
* OpenID Connect, OAuth2, FIDO2
* Security clearance via the national vetting service
* Knowledge of core NHS and healthcare technologies
The purpose of the role
The e-Referral Service (e-RS) is a live national health care service which provides an easy way for patients to choose their first hospital or clinic appointment with a specialist. Bookings can be made online, using the telephone, or directly in the GP surgery at the time of referral.
The e-RS is being continually transformed to deliver new and enhanced capabilities as well as to further integrate with other national and local health care systems.