Inside IR35 - 550-650 per day
Newport or Titchfield - Remote for foreseeable/duration
A unique opportunity to work on the presentation and results from the 2021 Census, making sure they are provided to users in ways that meet users' needs. This Census will the best yet, with information provided will in a flexible, timely and accessible way. Joining the Census dissemination team you will be part of a nationally important programme to deliver a findable, rich and integrated set of products, and compelling Census analysis and dynamic online content.
Who we are looking for:
First and foremostly we are looking for "good" interaction/UX designers who have a strong understanding of what is expected of the role.
We are looking for:
* a team player with great collaboration skills, who sees prototyping as a team activity
* skills in establishing design patterns
* understanding of the range of methods of prototyping with the ability to choose the most appropriate ones
* a champion for users and user research who can define the user story.
* The ability to listen to the needs of the technical and business stakeholders and reach solutions
* comfortable in prototyping both in code and modern design tools.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
The role aligns to the Digital, Data and Technology Profession Capability Framework at "Interaction Designer" level (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/interaction-designer)
Typical activities may include;
* Prototyping and designing interactions for digital services
* Working as part of an agile delivery team alongside product managers, researchers, engineers and delivery managers
* Taking user stories and developing solutions
* Contributing to the ONS design system
* Changing designs based on research and analytics