- £500 - £550 per day + Outside iR35
- Job Type
- Zoe Latuszka
Initial 6 Months, up to 23 months in total.
£500-550 per day.
Work remotely for now, when office opens, work will be at office in Glasgow and specialist may have to attend this office address as required. It is likely a large proportion of the week will be remote working.
You will design and lead on public and internal services that are accessible to everyone. Integrating Digital Scotland Design Standards. You will lead on the direction of new patterns and standards.
The existing team is comprised of contract and Civil Service resources. The specialist will be expected to be embedded into the Digital team as well as working with the other members of the business
You'll work in a multidisciplinary team, alongside user researchers, service designers, business analysts, content designers, product owners, delivery managers and developers to deliver world-class, user-centred services that help the government transform the way it delivers services, so that they are more efficient, simpler, faster and easier to use
- Use best practice/standards to design usable and access interactive services
- Work with user researchers to gain a deep understanding of our users
- Work with content/service designers to understand/map user journeys, visualise design problems
- Identify, propose and evaluate design solutions
- Work with multidisciplinary teams in an agile environment
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of interaction design best practice
- Work with technical roles to promote an outcome-led approach to designing services that considers technical feasibility
- Design and validate a range of static/dynamic prototypes to test/ communicate ideas
- Confidently design at low and high fidelity, including HTML and CSS
- Lead discussions with teams and stakeholders
- Demonstrable confidence in designing and prototyping at low and high fidelity, including HTML and CSS
- Demonstrable experience of working in government/public sector and designing to Digital Scotland Service Standards/GDS standards
- Demonstrable experience of interaction design in cross-functional agile teams
- Demonstrable ability to work closely with others, including user researchers, service and content designers, front-end developers and product and delivery leads
- Demonstrable experience of designing, accessible, responsive user interface