IT Operations Engineer
up to £27,500
We are partnered with a hugely successful and global name based in multiple locations in the North West and Midlands. They have offered unwavering support both to their significant employee base but also to the local communities that they serve. They are indeed, bucking the trend of an entire industry to make significant contributions in the fight against Covid-19.
It is a real feel-good story and a company that have committed to virtual interviews and virtual onboarding which in this market, is a real win.
Their staff retention rates are exceptional and the money they invest into training, upskilling and general well-being are a true testament to the caring nature of this company.
As an IT Operations Engineer, you will be constantly monitoring the performance and capacity of the IT infrastructure, including response, investigation, escalation and resolution of incidents and changes affecting the business.
- Ensuring production systems are functioning correctly via the completion of the IT Operations daily checklist.
- Ensuring service-affecting incidents are responded to, appropriately logged, investigated and resolved, escalating where necessary.
- Coordinating planned maintenance work and checking for scheduling clashes for all high-risk changes.
- Disabling, enabling, retracting and re advertising services to facilitate planned maintenance.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshotting skills
- Working knowledge of computer networking and Cisco technologies
- Experience working with Windows Server and Linux
This position will be on a shift pattern so if you feel you have the relevant experience or would like to hear more then please do get in touch!