Service Desk Analyst | 1st/2nd Line Support Engineer | Application Support Engineer | Platform Support Engineer
Bristol & Peterborough
£30,000 (£2-4K bonus if working on Saturday)
This is an excellent opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst with experience supporting and installing Java to work for the UK and Ireland's leading payroll and HR solutions company. The client prides themselves on their values, one of their main purposes is to make their employees feel appreciated for the work they do - through precision and choice. They are very team focused and inclusive with a real push on diversity.
This position can be based at either of the offices which are located in Bristol and Peterborough, which both have great facilities including food venues and coffee houses. There could also be the potential for remote working if needed.
This role requires someone with excellent communication skills, knowledge of network protocols and who is able to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Undertake software instillation, upgrades and configuration changes of customer systems
- Perform server moves for customers, migrating products to newer versions of Microsoft Windows Server
- Advising the customer on best practice use of products and the server environments on which they run
- Use the industry standard ServiceNow system to manage and log work, updating the customer in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Develop and maintain close relationships and effective communication with the customer, understand their requirements and respond to their needs.
- Ensure the delivery of agreed plans of action.
- Experience of supporting or installing Java applications, web middleware software and/or SQL Server database administration
- Server OS knowledge; Unix, Linux or Windows
- Good communication skills
- Network protocols knowledge
There are also a vast variety of skills that can be learnt within this role. If you want to become part of a diverse team with lots of room for progression and development, then please apply.
I have interview slots already lined up for this week, please contact Lucy Bentley on LinkedIn and apply with your latest CV. If you prefer to talk on the phone then please give me a call on 0117 332 0844.