- Bath, Somerset
- £50000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, package
- Job Type
- Matthew Pearce
Senior Software Engineer / Bath / Java & Go & Node
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join an incredibly exciting product team here in the UK. A team focused on developing Issue tracking / processing systems. The systems validate, process and store hundreds of millions of error reports per day from thousands of our customer's apps. This position will involve working on new features and helping to improve the efficiency and reliability of existing services including the latest in architectures, languages, messaging technologies and data storage.
What you'll be doing:
* Joining a team of engineers focusing on the design, development, and testing of a core error report processing systems.
* Developing in Go, Java (Spring framework) or Node.js.
* Developing with storage solutions MongoDB, Redis or Elasticsearch and messaging technologies RabbitMQ or Kafka.
* Taking joint responsibility for the maintenance of several sub-systems.
* Working to improve the reliability, scalability, performance, and monitoring of these high throughput systems.
* Constructively reviewing colleagues work.
* Working closely with other Bugsnag engineering teams on new product features.
* Working with customer engineers to investigate and resolve issues reported by users.
Your background likely includes:
* Over 3 years experience developing in some of our key development languages
* Previous experience working within a team
* Previous experience of taking responsibility for the design and maintenance of sub-systems
* Some experience in helping to develop other staff members
* Ability to multitask effectively
* Quick to learn new skills and solve problems
* Bachelor degree in CS or equivalent experience
Bath / Bristol / Reading / London