- £475 - £550 per day + OUTSIDE IR35
- Job Type
- James Norval
- 27 days ago
Java and Go Software Engineer
- Java and Golang coding experience (must have)
- Kafka, MongoDB, Nomad, Git, Github, AWS (prefable)
- Fully remote working
- £475 - £550, outside IR35, 37 hours a week
- 6 months minimum
Aid with the development of a web application that will be used internally and externally for the recording and analysing of results information from various international development projects. Working closely with stakeholders to ensure the product meets requirements.
You'll be working with a full stack developer from the Data Science Hub and potentially another developer. Decisions on additional functionality will be supported by product owners Governance, Climate, and Syria teams, as well as the Head of Data Science.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
* Improve maturity of Java/Golang web application
* Build robust deployment pipeline and infrastructure
* Help build out new features on the back and front ends
Technical competence criteria - Essential skills and experience:
* Have experience building full stack web applications and taking them to production.
* Have experience in developing user interfaces from wireframe specifications.
* Have experience building robust back end services using a modern toolset, ideally OpenSource frameworks like Java and Go.
* Have experience deploying and managing services in a cloud environment, ideally AWS.