Junior Communications Manager (Stakeholder Engagement)
- £17-£20 per hour, Inside IR35, 37 hours a week (self-employed contractor position)
- Fully remote working anywhere in the UK
- Until 30th September 2021
- Wednesday 24th March 2021 at Noon
- Central Government
This division aims to provide the statistical foundations the organisation needs to create statistics for the public good.
It was created to combine the key components and the need for transformation into one integrated service. This includes providing new data and methods services for transformation programmes and harnessing pockets of expertise, using it to maximise output through collaboration and utilising existing governance.
This Division provides many services across four divisions including Data Acquisition and Operations, Data Architecture, Methodology, and Best Practice and Input.
The purpose of this role is to deliver effective stakeholder engagement, maintaining constant dialog for the communication directorate for the delivery of messages both internally and externally.
- Leading divisional internal and external stakeholder engagement activities, liaising with communication business partners as required, specifically:
- Divisional stakeholder engagement across wider government.
- Establishment of key messages and channels to disseminate them.
- Stakeholder mapping and outward facing engagement activities.
- Activities with subject experts for e.g. consultation on divisional outputs,
- Maintain and monitor external facing presence (e.g. blogs, slack channel, etc).
- Drafting materials and general briefings for national and international audiences, ensuring consistency of language.
- Evaluating materials and processes already in place and enhancing wherever necessary
- Deliver and implement divisional communication plan.
- Activities to raise internal awareness of the division's work, including targeted meetings and presentations
- Horizon scan, harvest and distil information on key divisional developments and events in UK, UN region and globally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to negotiate positive outcomes
- Experience of building and maintaining effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including government bodies
- Experience of utilising a range of software titles to provide engaging and digestible content
- Experience of using and maintaining document management systems such as SharePoint
- Experience of developing and implementing a stakeholder engagement strategy
- An ability to develop and embed a framework of principle that harmonise the format and content of Data