- £13 - £15 per hour + INSIDE IR35
- Job Type
- James Norval
- 10 days ago
Junior Content Designer (Intranet Development)
- Content Management System (CMS) / WordPress experience required (can be at Educational level)
- Self-employed Contract 3-month position, with likelyhood to extend
- Fully Remote Working anywhere in the UK
- Deadline for applications: Thursday 8th April at noon
This position is part of the Channels and Content team with the objective of helping to get the most effective use of our internal digital channels to allow the organisation to communicate its key strategic messages in the most effective way.
The role will be to assist in the development of the internal digital channels, ensuring they offer the best platform for the engagement.
You will support the Intranet Development Manager to drive traffic channels and ensure that strategic communications messages reach staff in timely manner.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
* Work proactively and collaboratively with business areas to design and develop engaging high-quality content.
* Work to convince people that user needs and a usable approach is the only way to present information
* Analyse metrics and user feedback to define/refine content
* Undertake continuous learning in our chosen Intranet CMS, Wordpress, to ensure we continue to improve and develop the service
* Act as a primary contact for business areas publishing to the intranet, providing help and guidance via telephone, email and face-to-face.
* Work collaboratively with business areas to ensure all content adheres to editorial standards and are delivered in accordance with deadlines.
* Support the implementation of the new intranet publishing policy and standards
* Clearly communicate edits and feedback to divisional contributors
Skills and Experience
* A qualification in a relevant subject or practitioner level in working in a publishing environment using content management systems
* Experience of delivering internal communication content, ensuring products are delivered to a high quality.
* Experience of working in a publishing environment using a content management system.
* Knowledge of organisational functions, roles and communication requirements, to enable the design of contextualised and tailored content for internal audiences.
* Working knowledge of approaches to user research
* The ability to identify better ways of working and take a positive approach to resolving problems
* Desirable: Practitioner level in publishing content using Wordpress