My client are a UK based organisation who have 80% of their market. They are looking to build a data enabled business for the future, and are looking to recruit a Data Architect who will be responsible for defining the data architecture required to ensure that the organisation maximises value from data and supporting the changes needed to realise this vision.
*This would be a great opportunity for someone looking to step up into an Architect position who is looking for autonomy and for their ideas around best practices and tools to be recognised by the wider organisation*
This position will be fully remote bar travel to the Manchester office 1 day a week*
- Ensure that the Data Architecture is fully documented and is effective in addressing the business need for access to trustworthy data.
- Create and maintain Data Models to capture reporting and analytical requirements and build a shared understanding of the Information Landscape.
- Create and maintain data processing inventories and data flow diagrams to support the risk management of personal data processed by the organisation.
- Work to capture strategic requirements for the provision of Business Intelligence
- Work with Data Governance and Quality Lead to ensure that there is a mechanism in place for capture of Metadata to support shared understanding of data. Build capability to ensure that Data Quality can be monitored, and that data can be cleansed.
- Develop relationships with all functions to ensure their needs are supported by the underlying data architecture and data management applications.
- Ensure that the appropriate operational governance is in place with regards to data supply/usage/access control etc.
- Ensure that all change projects have identified any Data & BI requirements as part of their scope and have a suitable and timely delivery plan.
- Significant knowledge & experience of data modelling tools and techniques
- Knowledge of Data Management & Governance Tools/Technologies.
- Strong experience of data migrations
- Excellent Backend SQL experience
- Strong Tableau experience
- Ability to analyse proven solutions in the marketplace and assess their suitability for adoption.
- Excellent Data Literacy, able to work with less data literate colleagues to achieve required outcomes.
- Have worked in a client facing capacity before
- Ability to analyse requirements and devise innovative solutions to meet them in both the short and long term.
- Experience working within a BI Shared Service with knowledge of the required governance and control processes.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills at all levels, with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and within matrix management environments.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to learn more about then please apply with your latest CV and I will be in touch with suitable candidates.