- £19 - £20.40 per hour + inside IR35
- Job Type
- James Norval
Junior R Developer / Data Analyst
- fully Remote or Newport
- Inside IR35, contract post.
- £20.40 per hour, 37 hours a week.
- Duration of engagement: 3 months
- Deadline 11/10/21 12 Noon
- Central Government
Junior Software engineer or Data Analyst with commercial experience of coding in R.
Initially a temporary contract, that will likely extend OR be open to permanent applications after.
The team has been working on a project to replace statistical functions written in SAS with new versions written in R. This role will be to work with the team delivering the remaining functions, fixing any issues that arise and optimising code to ensure that run times are as efficient as possible
Relevant Skills and Experience:
* knowledge and demonstrable experience of software development and support using R. In particular, evidence of optimisation of R code to process large datasets as efficiently as possible
* Demonstrable experience of development best practice in relation to code quality analysis, unit and automated testing and continuous integration
* Evidence of an ability to participate effectively in a team environment with good communication skills, in person and in writing, and a willingness to share their skills and experience with the in-house support team.
* Strong mathematical/statistical skills
* Experience of software development and support utilising Agile techniques and principles.
* Extensive knowledge and demonstrable experience of software development and support utilising python