Junior R Developer
- SC Cleared in post (must have lived in the UK for the past 5 years)
- Fully remote working anywhere in the UK
- Rate: £17 - £20 per hour, Inside IR35
- Duration: End date of 31st March 2022 (Self-employed contractor positions)
- Deadline: Tuesday 15th June at noon
About the Role
Within the COVID-19 Infection Survey (CIS) Operations division, the CIS Sampling and Management Information (MI) team is responsible for drawing a stratified sample for this survey and running/developing a statistical model (built in R and Stata) to forecast the size of the sample (number of survey letter invitations) needed each week. This model is being handed over to the CIS Sampling and MI team who will be running it and maintaining it from now on. These roles will involve facilitating this handover process and working on this model.
These roles are varied and the successful applicants will be expected to take on a broad range of tasks and to work in a fast-paced manner. Successful applicants will be expected to produce detailed documentation for the model and its processes and help build the capability of others in R programming. They will also be expected to produce management information for senior staff (and external partners) on current sampling performance against targets.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Working to bring the CIS sampling model back to the CIS Sampling and MI team
2. Maintaining and running the model each week
3. Adapting the model to meet changing user requirements
4. Providing management information for senior staff and ONS' external partners
5. Producing detailed documentation and user guidance for the sampling model
6. Providing expertise in R for staff in the CIS Operations division
7. Working with many teams across
1. skills in R programming for data analysis (essential).
2. Excellent teamworking skills.
3. Ability to produce results and provide information in a fast-paced environment.
4. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
5. Competent in Microsoft Excel.
6. Excellent attention to detail.
* R programming skills for data analysis
* Microsoft Excel skills
* Must be a team player
* Stata programming for data analysis