You're looking for that opportunity like no other, which makes a difference, leave your mark and have a legacy of which your proud and is revolutionary.
Of course to help leave your mark it could be a multi £bn asset of national interest to work with and a multi £m budget and fantastic leadership in place to support your can success.
What we're looking for is exceptional individuals, with foresight, capability and personality to manage a £60bn Data Asset as part of a multi £bn publicly significant transformation programme.
As the Lead BI Developer you'll work within a major Projects Programme reporting to the Business Reporting & Systems Lead.
You'll manage the Azure & Power BI platforms responsible for publishing reports into the live environment and signing off work completed by other developers. Day to day the team are responsible for managing a reporting cycle to refresh multiple data sets and developing new reports through capturing business requirements, and making changes to existing reports to meet specific business requirements using the MP automated reporting platform
- Management of the Azure data model and Power BI / and design - Ensuring Azure data model and Power BI is managed to operate effectively to meet business reporting requirements and the design is in line with agreed documentation lodged with IT.
- Refresh of reports within production environment - Responsible for the daily refresh of multiple data sets in accordance with the reporting drumbeat cycle.
- Technical expert for new system/ data connections - Responsible for overseeing the work of outside contractors (as and when needed) to establish any links.
- Requirements capture - Member of the weekly review panel to capture, validate and assess business requirements to determine if and how they can be incorporated into the standard Power BI reports.
- Develop new and updated standard reports - Lead a team to develop changes to existing standard reports and develop new reports in accordance with the agreed requirements.
- Operational experience of working in a corporate reporting environment on complex programmes and project environmenst
- Demonstrable experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders to design and develop changes to existing digital reports and new digital reports
- Demonstrable experience of designing and implementing business intelligence tools in complex environments within a mixed delivery team * Experience in using data to build confidence in business decision making
- Experience of training and/or coaching others to develop and improve Business Intelligence development skills
- Demonstrable experience of designing and developing digital reports using Power BI and DAX Expressions, QlikView and Tableau
- Demonstrable experience of using SQL Server 2008 - 2016 databases
- Demonstrable experience of data analysis, master data management and data quality assurance
- Demonstrable experience of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring) * Demonstrable experience of an ETL tool - e.g. SSIS.
- Familiar with a project and programme environment and the associated coding and breakdown structures (WBS, CBS) * Demonstrable experience working in an agile development environment and experience of using associated tools e.g. Trello, JIRA
- Advanced level user with Microsoft Excel and data sets
- Experience deploying Power BI within the Microsoft Azure cloud environment
The is is permanent position based in the United Kingdom however, you will be expected to go into nearest UK office (North/Midlands/South East and South West) when necessary (workshops/f2f meeting etc) in order to proceed.
Should you wish to apply please follow the route online or get in touch with Matt Beesley @ Talent International onto discuss in confidence.
Remuneration discussed on application