Lead Business Analyst / Home Based, Travel to client site / £70,000 - £75,000
Location: Uxbridge / Cardiff - currently home-based
My Life and Pensions client urgently requires the expertise of a Lead Business Analyst (BA) to start as soon as possible. The ideal candidate will have recent knowledge of Life Assurance & Pensions and will have worked with both UK and International clients.
About the Role …
The successful candidate will be required to lead a team of Business Analysts (size of team will vary but we can be clearer on this at interview stage), on various software development projects.
You will also be required to carry out the following as part of your daily duties:
Act as the key contact on all functional decisions, end-to-end solution understanding, and scope for projects
- Demonstrate the value of SDLC methodology/process to clients
- Work with the Sales Support team to facilitate winning new business, including producing Client proposals.
- Assist the Project Management team with defining project scope and with change requests - estimating workloads and their effective integration into overall project plans.
- Support the planning of the Requirements Specifications and Design phase, including sizing, resource allocation and phasing
- Manage the Business Systems Analyst Team to ensure targets and deadlines are met and manage any issues
- Act as a custodian of the project scope and ensure any deviations to scope are managed correctly through the change control process
- Assist the Head of Analysis & Design in providing personal development to the Senior BAs, BAs, Junior BAs and Trainee BAs.
Key Skills & Background required …
- An Insurance background, preferably in Life and Pensions but GI considered
- A breadth of experience as a Lead/Senior Business Analyst or Functional Architect
- Ability to demonstrate key management skills and experience of managing a team of Analysts
- Agile experience
- Experience of designing end-to-end solutions and acting as a design authority to a team of business or systems analysts
- Demonstrable experience of implementing significant functional change
- Experience in full project lifecycle having been involved in numerous system implementation or enhancement projects
- Strong communication skills - ability to clearly articulate requirements
- Willingness to travel to client sites as required when safe to do so.
- CII, or an equivalent qualification
- ISEB ACII/FPC/AFPC or an equivalent qualification
Cardiff, London, Uxbridge, Edinburgh