Database developer with a proven track-record with hands-on database design of both schema and data access in a pure R&D product development environment.
Solid experience in OLTP systems is essential but design and development experience in reporting, BI and OLAP systems as well as some traditional non-development DBA experience will be considered.
Good communication skills and familiarity with large, complex distributed multi-tier transactional systems.
- Schema and solution design from first principles/business requirements
- Writing data access TSQL - stored procedures, functions, views against new and existing schema
- Performance and scalability analysis of data access and schema in a large multi-tier distributed application
- Assisting front-end developers with database design and development.
- Reviewing and enhancing designs from other R&D teams
- Understanding of complex distributed transactions, transaction structure, isolation levels, nested transactions, latch and locking behaviour, database contention risk, and strategies for managing and enabling performance and scalability in a complex OLTP system
- Experience of very large distributed OLTP database environments with high transactional volumes, preferably in the financial services sector
- Passion for problem solving, debugging systems and finding solutions, must be comfortable in working through unfamiliar code
- Familiarity or expertise with SQL Service Broker and SQL CLR desirable
- Ideally qualified to degree-level.
- Agile methodologies are used on all project teams. The successful candidate must be happy expressing requirements and documentations using concise methods early in the project life cycle (SharePoint, Wiki entries, etc.)
- This will involve interaction with R&D teams in the UK, US & India
Database developer, lead database developer, peterbrough, cambridge