Lead Infrastructure Engineer: F5
Competitive + excellent benefits package
A comprehensive global provider of cloud-based human capital management solutions that unite office functions and a leader in business outsourcing services, analytics and compliance expertise. Their unmatched experience, deep insights and cutting-edge technology have transformed human resources from a back-office administrative function to a strategic business advantage. The technology team is comprised of brilliant engineers, architects, data scientists, infrastructure experts, and more. The Network team is now seeking a talented and passionate Senior Infrastructur Engineer who is an expert in F5 who will help to take a step forward in their automation journey.
This specialist role will join a global network engineering team that is responsible for architecture, design and delivery of corporate network services for datacenter and branch offices in a mission-critical enterprise. The successful candidate will be crucial in the design and deployment of innovative solutions while delivering efficient automation for these network services.
In a global team, you will be particularly involved in EMEA issues.
- Solid expereince in a similar Engineer position
- Good experience in a similar Automation position
- Advanced & In-depth knowledge of F5 BIG-IP components & operation around:
- Virtual server & Pool creation
- SSL Profiles & operation
- Advanced iRule operation & creation including bypass logic, Boolean logic extensions, working with multiple "events", and global variables
- SNAT / NAT
- Interaction with DNS/GTMs
- Advanced understanding of Routing Domain configuration and usage of dynamic protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Advanced understanding of Networking & common network protocols ex TCP/IP
- Thorough understanding of the http, and SSL/TLS protocols
- Thorough understanding of Web & Network Security
- Experience in leading technical projects
- Fluent in English spoken and written
- Familiarity / responsibility of an SRE (Site reliability engineer) role that focuses on availability, capacity, monitoring, performance and automation of the infrastructure and technologies used in day-to-day operations.
- Familiarity with authentication concepts and technologies
- Configure and administer F5 infrastructure in a multi-vendor environment
- Demonstrated experience creating "software defined" network infrastructure
- Knowledge and experience in scripting and programming with Python and shell script
- Experience of interacting with network devices through Rest API's and Ansible
You will also provide level 3 support and may be on call (off-site) during the night and weekends.
If you are interested please apply with a copy of your CV and I will be in touch to discuss the opportunity further.
My client is interviewing remotely and the successful candidate will be brought on remotely until goverment guidelines change.