- Chertsey, Surrey
- £70000 - £75000 per annum
- Job Type
- Matthew Pearce
- 25 days ago
Lead Infrastructure Engineer: F5 /Chertsey / Remote
I am currently seeking a talented and passionate Senior F5 Engineer who will help to take a step forward in their automation journey.
This specialist role will join a global network engineering team that is responsible for architecture, design and delivery of corporate network services for datacenter and branch offices in a mission-critical enterprise.
The successful candidate will be crucial in the design and deployment of innovative solutions while delivering efficient automation for these network services.
Responsibilities of the role include: Architect, Design, Build & support Network and Security solutions.
In a global team, you will be particularly involved in EMEA issues. You will also provide level 3 support and may be on call (off-site) during the night and weekends.
As an agility facilitator, a multi-faceted IT enthusiast possessing a growth mindset, ready to learn and help transform technology, you will:
- Design, implement, and support scalable networking solutions to address a variety of business challenges.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers).
- Excel in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and work not only on projects, but also provide operational support.
- Be a collaborative teammate that will work across multi-functional groups and have the ability and willingness to mentor others.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Monitor performance, system resource utilization, trending and capacity planning, ensure system availability and reliability.
- Configure and administer network monitoring tools.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with Security Organization
- Working very closely with network/voice/system Engineering teams, you will help us to tackle operation tasks by automating and re-engineering our process.
- Provide Level 3 support, troubleshoot network failures and performance issues.
- Participate in an on-call rotation covering all of the above.
- Master degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Telecom.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a similar Security Engineer position.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar Automation position.
- Experience in leading technical projects.
- Fluent in English spoken and written.
- Advanced & In-depth knowledge of F5 BIG-IP components & operation around: