Lead Developer / Bracknell / PHP
The Lead Developer will play a crucial role in ensuring the technologies team are successful in delivering technical applications/solutions to the business that are of high value. Acting as a technical expert and project lead within the business, you'll be involved in the mentoring and support of other developers within the team. You'll also ensure that all development and code follow best practice and meets the relevant industry standards.
You'll be required to understand and interpret technical specifications and help break it down for the development team to turn it into working code, using a mix of technologies.
The role requires an experienced Lead Developer who has worked in both mature and rapid growth organisations. This is essential as this role will require an individual who is able to lead a team ensuring best practices are applied.
Lead Developer to manage a team of developers in delivering technical solutions to support business operations. As well as being a mentor and leader for other developers, you will be a key person in driving technical improvement and innovation to allow the business to grow and become more efficient. Working closely with BAs, Testers and POs, the Lead Developer will ensure that delivery work is sized, planned and then implemented within the committed sprint to a high level of quality. Using their technical skills and experience the Lead Developer will ensure the team build modern & efficient systems in a way that support continued growth.
- Line management experience
- Experience working in an agile business focused environment
- Excellent knowledge & experience of Object-Oriented Programming with PHP 7/8
- Having led greenfield projects using frameworks like Symfony
- Familiarity with Nodejs (expressjs, nestjs)
- Experience of API and test-driven development
- Good understanding of software design patterns
- Good understanding of non-functional requirements (security, performance etc)
- Experience with cloud-based, CD/CI or DevOps development environment
- Advanced skills and experience building Microservices' architectures and asynchronous platform design
- Experience with decomposition of monolith into microservices
- Message Brokers, CQRS, Saga, Choreography & Orchestration design patterns
- Experience with containerization and cloud technologies (Docker)
- Experience working with AWS services (CloudFormation/Terraform, ECS, ECR)
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with colleagues who need encouragement and coaching to learn new technology