- Lead Service Designer - Government / Public Sector
- 6 Months
- £550-£650 - Inside IR35
- Remote Working
We're looking for an experienced for Lead Service Designers support and lead the development and execution of user-led service design across a range of products and services. They will help users complete their goals across a variety of outlets including policy or systems. Experienced in user-centered design, they advocate for the most effective channels for each challenge. They will help teams ensure the user is at the heart of what we do and support effective delivery.
As a Lead Service Designer you'll be expected to lead teams and other service designers to ensure quality, innovation and creativity in how we approach all aspects of service design as part of product delivery. As an experienced and highly accomplished service design practitioner, you'll also identify and bring inspiration and best practices from the service design community to shape and improve how we work.
This is a leadership role, you should be an expert practitioner who influences and mentors others.
As a Lead Service Designer you will be responsible for:
- Identifying and building strong relationships with stakeholders across large-scale and high-profile projects, influencing and collaborating with them to improve the user experience.
- Creating and improving user-centred services efficiently and to a high standard.
- Reviewing and providing direction on the work of other service designers and user researchers
- Developing a strategic view across a range of products, focusing on the end to experience of all of our users
- Managing relationships between your team and others to ensure consistency and share good practice.
- Focusing relentlessly on the user need, and ensure every aspect of product development is user-centric and evidence-based
- Developing the strategy for new or existing services to meet user needs, based on evidence gathered from a variety of existing and new sources, including first-hand lived experience data
- Work with the User Experience Lead in your workstream in team development and ensuring the highest possible standards are met
- Work with stakeholders, other team Service Designers, User Researchers and Content Designers to understand service requirements and integration points across the whole programme
You must be able to demonstrate experience in the following technologies and techniques:
- Leading and working across multiple and complex service design problems in either a government, local authority or private sector setting
- Connecting insights and information drawn from research into an inspirational and useful foundation for design, including service opportunities and design principles.
- Making complex language and processes easy to understand
- Creating lightweight prototypes of ideas and concepts which move the team toward solving a common outcome for users
- Applying strategic and effective thinking to design which balance user needs, stakeholder goals and provide services in the appropriate format
- Building relationships with stakeholders to understand their goals and working with them to improve user journeys and the overall experience
- Leading and managing multiple projects and adapting to changing priorities and deadlines
- Mentoring other Service Designers to ensure they're delivering relevant and high quality work
- Significant experience of service design within either a government, health or social care setting
- Experience of Government Digital Service methodologies and the Service Standard
- Experience of working within constraints and the ability to identify pragmatic solutions where required.
- Knowledge and extensive experience of best practices in service design.
- Confident communicator: able to persuade, negotiate, influence and collaborate
- Good time management and the ability to work without supervision
- Ability to get to the heart of an issue, demonstrating expert knowledge in an applied setting
If you are a Lead Service Designer and this role sounds of interest, please don't hesitate to send in your CV.