Lead Service Designer
Initially until 30th June 2021.
Remote working - UK based.
Inside IR35 - Open to daily rates.
Ideally you will have SC clearance or SC clearance which has lapsed within the last 12 months
We are undertaking a full system design review of the Data Capability service within the ONS, looking at the end-to-end journey of data from identification of research questions through acquisition of new data, ingestion, preparation and access. Within this journey will optimise the overall system design and backstage processes to provide an optimised and efficient service to our users. We need an experienced Interaction Designer with extensive background in the "Systems Thinking" methodology. Phase 1, 'check', has been completed and we are now moving to Phase 2 'plan' and 'do'.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
A lead interaction designer is an expert practitioner who influences and mentors others. At this level, you:
* will work with service managers and programme directors to develop design concepts
* will set direction and assure the quality of design delivery across teams
* can lead multiple or highly complex services
Relevant Skills and Experience: maximum 6
· User focus. You know how to give direction on which tools or methods to use. You are experienced in meeting the needs of users across a variety of channels. You can bring insight and expertise in how user needs have changed over time to ensure these are met by the business. You know how to apply strategic thinking in how to provide the best service for the end user. (Relevant skill level: expert)
· Prototyping. You are experienced in using a variety of methods of prototyping. You know how to share best practice and can coach others. You can look at strategic service design end to end. (Relevant skill level: expert)
· Strategic thinking. You can lead the design and implementation of strategy, directing the evaluation of strategies and policies to ensure business requirements are being met. (Relevant skill level: expert)