Define and govern how technical solutions are designed, configured and implemented as the ICT technical design authority and a key stakeholder in an effective enterprise design practice.
Manage and maintain the ICT technical architecture blueprint and develop technical models and plans that identify opportunities for leveraging technology capability to benefit us, in support of strategic business change initiatives and subsequent projects/ programmes.
* To be the professional lead for the development and documentation of the ICT Technical Strategy and associated roadmaps.
* To undertake the role of technical design authority for all ICT change.
* To ensure that the ICT architecture meets all the relevant industry/national standards and demonstrates consistency of design across all ICT related programmes and projects.
* To take responsibility for understanding strategic business requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and recommending technical options. Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups to ensure the contribution of all relevant stakeholders is maximised.
* To deliver an environment of continuous improvement and innovation in respect of the ICT architecture and ensure that emerging technology and new initiatives are fully evaluated and relevant proposals are proactively driven through the ICT Management Team and the enterprise design practice. Identifying all potential technical risks and mitigation options to ensure the successful delivery of ICT solutions.
* To maintain a documented map of the current hardware, operating systems, licensing models, programming and networking solutions that are used and address where technologies are being duplicated or where they are being under utilised.
* To be a core member of ICT's Intelligent Client Function (ICF), acting as a key influencer and decision maker in respect of ICT governance, strategy, planning, assurance and standard-setting, both internally with key stakeholders and externally in driving maximum value from strategic supplier relationships.
* As part of the ICT management team, to exercise excellent people skills (e.g. effective listening, empathy, insight and intellect) and to contribute to the mentoring, coaching and development of ICT team members.
* To take individual responsibility for fully understanding, and acting upon, situations that require the pursuit of purpose over process.
* To undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, as required.
* Strong problem solving skills with ability to gather and assimilate information
* Demonstrate a high level of communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
* Ability to think ahead and anticipate/mitigate risks and find suitable solutions to issues
* Demonstrate ability to manage teams of key stakeholders and suppliers with the flexibility to adjust approach and style accordingly.
* Excellent people skills built on a combination of great listening, empathy, insight and intellect.
* Ability to positively influence others and lead change within organisations
* Confident in the ability to be professional and influential on key issues at Local, Regional and National Levels
Should you be interested in exploring such an opportunity apply online or get in touch with taijaan decordova @ talent international . com on 0117 3320834 to discuss in confidence. The is permanent position based onsite in the region specified, you must be able to commit to this in order to proceed.
Full package discussed on application