- SC clearance before starting - you must have lived in the UK for the past 5 years
- SEO - £25 to £27.54 per hour, inside 37 hours per week. Self-employed Contractor position (LTD or Umbrella Company)
- Duration - Until 31st March 2021 initially
- Deadline - 12 noon 8th September 2021
People Solutions sits within People and Business Services (PBS) Directorate. The directorate delivers strategic interventions to support the organisation in transforming its current capacity and capability as well as on demand services and products in HR, Estates, Health & Safety, Business Services and Security. PBS contribute to maximising the impact and development and leading the people strategy of the Government Statistical Service (GSS) and the Government Analysis Function.
The Learning Academy forms part of People Capability. It delivers value for money and embeds a focused learning culture throughout ONS by working collaboratively with business areas to ensure staff have the relevant training to equip them with the modern skills necessary for the transformation journey ahead.
Our aim is to offer effective learning programmes by designing, commissioning, delivering and evaluating organisational learning to meet real time business needs.
The Leadership Learning and Development team is responsible for the delivery of Leadership learning and development across the UK Statistics Authority. Working in partnership with managers across the organisation and the wider PBS Directorate, the team identify, implement and evaluate, high quality learning interventions that enable people to realise their potential and which support the organisation to deliver its objectives.
The main focus of the role will be to deliver quality Leadership learning to all levels of leaders from new manager to senior civil servants. They will need to be able to successful design, delivery and evaluation of the organisations leadership Inclusion and diversity Leadership Programmes, Early leadership, High potential programme or Senior Leadership programmes.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver pre designed leadership and management training as part of our Leadership learning offer to a range of leaders at different stages in their development
- Facilitate Learning events
- Provide high quality professional leadership training facilitation currently virtually using MS Teams and potentially face to face when possible
- Design of high quality leadership learning and development solutions ensuring they are adequately specified and documented
- Design Leadership eLearning training modules using Adapt
- Contribute to the evaluation of the effectiveness of learning and maintain/update standards as necessary, evidencing return on investment
- Work effectively with customers to establish leadership learning needs and direction
- Work collaboratively with other team members to ensure a harmonious working environment and support them with leadership learning design, delivery and evaluation
- Promote the 70/20/10 learning model, using a variety of media to source and create inspiring leadership learning
- Potentially learning delivery/facilitation in the well being and team building space
Skills and experience:
- Experience of developing and delivering leadership learning programmes to all levels of leaders
- Experience of designing Learning solutions using Adapt
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Experience of working as part of a team and developing others
- Knowledge of supporting the development of a professional workforce
- Ability to work at pace, effectively managing multiple demands
- Expertise in leadership learning interventions