- City Of Manchester, Greater Manchester
- £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Arun Dey
- 26 days ago
Linux Infrastructure Engineer - Permanent - Manchester - Up to £50k
Talent International is working in partnership with a leading organisation that is looking to recruit an Infrastructure Engineer on a permanent basis. Based in Manchester, the successful candidate will provide support to platforms and services on open source technologies. In addition, you will work closely with other members of the team in order to develop the organisation's use of open source technology.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a Subject Matter Expert, supporting existing open source services;
- Using ITIL based support processes as a benchmark - Incident, Request, Change, Problem and Knowledge management;
- Leading on the design and implementation of platform enhancements and upgrades.
In addition, you will proactively provide areas for improvement.
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven background in Linux operating systems and stacks;
- Previously managed large scale infrastructure using tools such as Ansible or Jenkins;
- Proficient coding / scripting skills in (e.g.) python, ruby or go.
Experience with platforms such as Openstack or VMWare is preferred.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader as they undergo their next phase of development. This role offers a base salary of up to £50 000 and other benefits including a 10% bonus and an attractive pension.
This is an urgent requirement and despite current circumstances they are committed to recruitment. Interviews will take place online.
If you, or anyone in your network is interested, please send a copy of your CV.