Linux Systems Engineer / SC Clearded
Linux Admin Space System
Working as part of a wider Team supporting a large aerospace company's Engineering Infrastructure.
Primarily based on Linux across different network layers this client support the Infrastructure that provides the Engineering teams with allocation of processing, storage and memory for complex simulation activities.
The Team also maintain many applications on these infrastructures including incident and request management and maintenance of applications.
- Applications Support (Installation, upgrades)
- Provision of HPC resources (Mainly for System Eng. e.g. Matlab)
- Infrastructure administration (Red Hat Linux/Kickstart/VM Ware Systems)
- System updates (Applications, Middleware and Database)
- Liaison with customer for needs capture and testing
- Liaison with other Information Management (IM) support groups (Data Centre Services, Networks)
- Basic hardware diagnostics
Key Skills requires
Networking across Linux. Including monitoring.
Management of tickets and investigations to solution keeping within SLA.
Understanding of ITIL Process.
Knowledge og Gitlab, Jira, Confluence, Remedy.
Active Directory Experience.
Linux Systems Engineer / linux engineer / linux / security cleared / SC cleared