6 Months - Outside IR35
£350-400 per day
Office based in either Edinburgh.
Remote for foreseeable/duration
An experienced M365 / SharePoint / records management specialist is required to act as technical subject matter expert for Registers of Scotland's adoption of Microsoft 365 - assisting Registers of Scotland staff with design, governance signoff, implementation and delivery, as well as evangelising the platform and driving user adoption.
To this end we're seeking someone with extensive knowledge of large-scale deployments of the M365 platform, ideally in a government setting, with a particular specialism for architecting and implementing file migrations, SharePoint, information and records management, and unobtrusive but effective governance controls.
- Build a strategy for the storage and archival of corporate (as opposed to operational) information, records, and file data allowing RoS to modernise the corporate file share consisting of approx. 6TB across 9 million files. You will work in conjunction with the EE team and Microsoft to analyse and categorise existing data and build a cloud-first plan for its future storage using M365 (and other technologies where appropriate)
- Working with EE colleagues execute the strategy allowing RoS to increase productivity and lower costs by releasing on-premises resources
- Drive forward the adoption of M365 by architecting a SharePoint environment which acts as an effective knowledge repository.
- Work with our colleagues in the Communications team to define their requirements for an effective intranet environment utilising SharePoint integrated with other M365 technologies such as PowerAutomate
- Identify areas of overlap between M365 and legacy products in use at RoS (e.g. Egress). Architect and implement solutions which provide a better and more flexible user experience whilst simultaneously lowering RoS operational cost and complexity.
- Deliver an Enterprise (Corporate) Search experience
- Work with the EE product owner to identify areas of inefficiency in business teams, designing and implementing solutions using the M365 stack to reduce any inefficiencies and help improve business processes.
- Identify tasks which could be automated or improved using PowerAutomate / PowerApps / PowerBI (for example generation of invoice emails by our finance team). Architect solutions using the M365 toolbox to remove manual repetitive tasks allowing our colleagues to focus or high value tasks
- Examine the opportunities for the deployment of Forms and Yammer to RoS and where appropriate architect and implement those solutions in conjunction with the internal M365 Steering Group
- Make improvements to RoS corporate systems that contribute to the EE vision of empowering and enabling staff to do their job without dependency on IT colleagues
- To provide technical architectural leadership to the Employee Enablement team, ensuring alignment with broader strategic architectural direction.
- Act as a conduit between Employee Enablement and both the Architecture Steering Group and the Design Authority.
- Help define and refine best practices, standards and architectural principles.
Some of these services may need to be provided outside of RoS' core business hours (07:30-17:30) in order to ensure continuity of service. The successful supplier is expected plan and manage their working hours accordingly.
- Experience of working in a similarly sized (~1300 users) environment with Enterprise/Government grade controls and expectations
- Experience delivering strategies and designs including technical design, governance and risk considerations, and training requirements. Ability to present proposals to all levels of the organisation from users to Executive management.
- Previous experience of configuring OneDrive and SharePoint to support the above deployments.
- Experience of working within a mature agile team where trust, communication, collaboration, forward thinking, workload visualisation and constructive challenge are key attributes
- Demonstrate the art of the possible to internal customers who resist change.
- Be an evangelist for our chosen technology to bring stakeholders on-side
- Experience performing full system tuning including servers, application, network, and client device
- Previous experience of migrating on-premises file storage to the Microsoft 365 cloud environment
- Experience of establishing appropriate security, e.g. SSO, two factor authentication, and appropriate data-backup
- Experience of building a SharePoint hierarchy which enables the effective storage of an organisation's knowledge
- Knowledge and experience of VFQ/Agile techniques including Kanban
- Experience of the wider Microsoft 365 infrastructures
- Experience of using file analysis tools such as the Microsoft migration assessment tool and/or Epiq eGorvern