M365 Exchange Online/Teams/Slype for Business/Intune Specialist
£400 per day. Outside IR35.
Remote for foreseeable. Blended approach between office (Edinburgh) and home working when available.
An experienced M365 Exchange Online / Teams / Skype for Business (on-prem) / Intune specialist is required to act as technical subject matter expert working with an established team responsible for adoption of Microsoft 365. Primarily you will assist staff with user support and driving user adoption, as well as ensuring that we are making the most of the M365 platform by ensuring we're taking advantage of all relevant productivity and security technologies. In addition, you will assist the team in decommissioning a legacy Skype for Business on-prem infrastructure.
To this end we're seeking someone with extensive knowledge of largescale deployments of the M365 platform, ideally in a government setting, with a particular specialism in Microsoft Teams, PSTN connectivity, Exchange and Intune, and unobtrusive but effective governance controls. You will be part of the collaboration support team so you should have a great customer success mentality, tackling common faults and driving platform improvement
We are on a journey to move from on-premises services to enduring products delivered from the cloud. The Employee Enablement domain is one of four platform domains established to enable to develop and support high quality and resilient digital products. The mission of the domain is to build an environment to enable, empower and support our staff in providing better value to the public - in essence to make their only problem that of doing their job, not the technology they use to do it. The domain owns and supports the key productivity platforms including (but not limited to!): Microsoft 365 including enterprise voice, Slack, Miro, Windows Desktop and Server, Citrix VDI, Exchange, SCCM, mobiles, internet access, and printing and scanning. We have embarked on a strategic migration to the Microsoft 365 E5 platform for all our employees. As there are many services within the M365 platform, we are working through these in a structured and prioritised way.
We're well on the way, having recently focussed on migrating from Skype for Business to Teams with full enterprise telephony features enabled. We also operate the Cirrus Contact Centre solution for our customer services team and any previous experience of this, or integration between telephony platforms would be an advantage
- Work with the team to provide a first-class support capability for the Microsoft 365 messaging and collaboration technologies including Exchange Online/Outlook, Teams, Intune, Planner, Forms, and related technologies.
- Engage with business stakeholders and support the discovery and business driven value propositions which can be underpinned by the M365 portfolio.
- Work with the team to bring physical devices such as Surface Hubs and telephone handsets into the Teams environment as our offices prepare for reopening.
- Optimise our estate by working with the team to decommission the legacy on-prem Skype for Business infrastructure.
- Ensure the Employee Enablement team is fully self-sufficient in the management of all delivered solutions.
- Ensure design and resulting production service is sufficiently robust, resilient, and scalable for RoS' needs.
- Ensure needs of all customer personas are met (e.g. Reception staff, Customer Services, IT ServiceDesk etc.)
- Ensure relevant governance requirements are implemented
- Experience of working in a similarly sized (~1300 users) environment with Enterprise grade controls and expectations
- Must have experience deploying, managing, optimising, and administering Exchange, Skype for Business and Teams in an Enterprise environment
- Must have experience of running M365 products, and especially Teams) within a Citrix non-persistent VDI setup, with experience of troubleshooting performance and offload issues.
- Must have demonstrable experience of decommissioning on-premise Skype for Business infrastructure after a successful Teams migration.
- Must have experience of backend telephony infrastructure components including SBC and SIP. Knowledge of Sonus/Ribbon SBC and Tenor would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of working within a mature agile team where trust, communication, collaboration, forward thinking, workload visualisation and constructive challenge are key attributes
- Demonstrable experience in understanding the needs of multiple customer personas, with the ability to balance competing and disparate needs.
- Demonstrate the art of the possible to internal customers who resist change.
- Experience delivering robust, resilient and reliable services with a cloud-first approach
- Experience performing full service tuning including servers, application, network, and client device
- Experience of Microsoft Surface Hub devices including integration with Skype for Business, Office 365, and Teams
- Experience of Cirrus Contact Centre or delivery of omni-channel contact centre solutions
- Experience of Yealink and Polycom telephony equipment including handsets and conference device
- Knowledge and experience of VFQ/Agile techniques including Kanban
- Experience of the wider Microsoft 365 infrastructure