£400 per day. Outside IR35
Remote for the foreseeable. When the risk of COVID infection is much reduced, we envision many of the team activities to take place at our offices in Edinburgh for at least part of each week. You should therefore be prepared to travel to Edinburgh for these activities.
An experienced M365 Exchange Online / Teams / Intune specialist is required to act as technical subject matter expert working with an established team responsible for Registers of Scotland's adoption of Microsoft 365. Primarily you will assist Registers of Scotland staff with user support and driving user adoption, as well as ensuring that Registers of Scotland are making the most of the M365 platform by driving implementation of relevant productivity and security technologies.
To this end we're seeking someone with extensive knowledge of largescale deployments of the M365 platform, ideally in a government setting, with a particular specialism in Microsoft Teams, PSTN connectivity including SBC Direct Routing, Exchange and Intune, and unobtrusive but effective governance controls. You will be part of the collaboration support team so you should have a great customer success mentality, tackling common faults, spotting opportunities to use the M365 toolbox to solve user problems, and driving platform improvement.
Working with other members of Employee Enablement's Communication and Collaboration squad:
- Work with the team to provide a first-class support capability for the Microsoft 365 messaging and collaboration technologies including Exchange Online/Outlook, Teams, Intune, Planner, Forms, and related technologies.
- Work with the team to bring physical devices such as Surface Hubs and telephone handsets into the Teams environment as our offices prepare for reopening.
- Present any proposed designs to the Architecture Steering Group for peer review and Design Authority for signoff where required.
- Ensure the Employee Enablement team is fully self-sufficient in the management of all delivered solutions.
- Ensure design and resulting production service is sufficiently robust, resilient, and scalable for RoS' needs.
- Ensure needs of all customer personas are met (e.g. Reception staff, Customer Services, IT ServiceDesk etc.)
- Ensure relevant governance requirements are implemented.
- Work with our champions network to evangelise M365 technologies, build knowledge, and empower our users.
- Work with business teams and other IT architects in order to advise the business on additional ways to derive value from the Teams and M365 platforms.
- Assist with BAU activities driven through our ServiceNow service management platform, health/performance/capacity monitoring, and DR testing.
- You will work with our other staff on tactical improvements to the platform to increase the resilience and drive down support calls.
- Provide ad-hoc support for other M365 technologies such as Conditional Access, Azure AD, MFA, etc.
- Provide support for our contact centre platform running on Cirrus Response.
- Provide guidance on where Cirrus could be integrated with / augmented by / replaced with M365 technologies.
- Investigate integration opportunities for Teams/M365 with Salesforce/ServiceNow and implement where appropriate.
- Deliver solutions based on a "cloud-first" mentality
- Monitor, manage and where necessary improve performance of the platform to meet the expectations of the end-users
- Update, install and test new versions
- Ensure disaster recovery and business continuity procedures for all solutions are created and tested
- Take active part in the team's and department's Agile culture including managing workload using Kanban techniques
- Manage service health and integrity to an acceptable level
- Work with the OpSec team to ensure appropriate security and access controls are in place, monitored and adhered with
- Create and maintain service documentation
- Attend both squad and wider tribe meetings, stand ups, show and tells and town hall meetings
- Troubleshoot and resolve any service related issues
- Experience of working in a similarly sized (~1300 users) environment with Enterprise grade controls and expectations
- Must have experience deploying, managing, optimising, and administering Exchange and Teams in an Enterprise environment
- Must have experience of running M365 products, and especially Teams) within a Citrix non-persistent VDI setup, with experience of troubleshooting performance and offload issues.
- Must have experience of backend telephony infrastructure components including SBC, SIP, and Direct Routing. Knowledge of Sonus/Ribbon SBC and Tenor would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of Yealink and Polycom telephony equipment including handsets and conference devices
- Experience of working within a mature agile team where trust, communication, collaboration, forward thinking, workload visualisation and constructive challenge are key attributes
- Demonstrable experience in understanding the needs of multiple customer personas, with the ability to balance competing and disparate needs.
- Demonstrate the art of the possible to internal customers who resist change.
- Experience delivering robust, resilient and reliable services with a cloud-first approach
- Experience performing full service tuning including servers, application, network, and client device
- Experience of Microsoft Surface Hub devices including integration with Teams, Office 365, and Intune.
|Job Title:||M365 Specialist|
|Salary:||£350 - £400 per day + Outside IR35|
|Start Date:||September 2021|
|Contact Name:||Zoe Latuszka|
|Job Published:||August 13, 2021 15:13|
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's