Management Information (MI) Developer
£30,000 - £35,000pa
My client is a fast-growing, innovative organisation looking for a passionate MI Developer who is able to work closely with the current team to consistently develop their MI & BI solutions!
This position allows you to become an integral part of the team and work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure that processes and solutions are working optimally. From gathering requirements through to the extraction of data you will work on the full data lifecycle to offer support and success to the business.
Alongside your day-to-day, my client offers a fantastic working environment which looks to consistently invest within their employees and allow for your own personal goals to be achieved!
- Provision MI and Data throughout the group and to external partners following best practices
- To communicate technical advice to non-technical stakeholders (ranging from Team Leaders to Project Managers and Directors)
- MI & Reporting Quality and Accuracy Control - ensuring reports are consistent, reporting one version of the truth, adhering to data governance and creating/following development frameworks
- Fully test all development work providing evidence of all tests completed and outcome, peer testing where applicable
- Streamline/review existing processes and reporting methods and make recommendations for improvements
- Gather and document requirements fully to allow report to be written correctly first time
- Reduce all manual processes, using automation wherever practical
- Estimate delivery timescales accurately
- Continuously improve you own professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry developments & innovations. Encourage, support and mentor other team members in their own development
- Maintain a positive and solution-oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback to other team members and MI & Data Manager
Skills & Experience
- Experience working with MI tools such as: SQL, SSRS, SSIS, and SQL Server
- Awareness of MI best practices
- High degree of experience working with large sets of data
- Awareness of other technologies and methods within the data space
This is a great opportunity to join a company that cares about their employees and are constantly looking to develop and grow themselves and the individuals within.