Management Information (MI) Developer
£30,000 - £35,000pa
Being one of the largest established organisations within the Staffordshire area, my client is looking for an innovative MI Developer who will work closely with the team to take their MI solutions to the next step.
You'll become an integral part of the team and look to work closely across the organisation to understand the various requirements that are a necessity to optimise their solutions. You will work the full lifecycle from extracting the necessary data from these requirements and ensuring that it is distributed correctly to the right individuals.
Alongside your day-to-day, my client offers a fantastic working environment which looks to consistently invest within their employees and allow for your own personal goals to be achieved!
- Provision MI and Data throughout the group and to external partners following best practices
- To communicate technical advice to non-technical stakeholders (ranging from Team Leaders to Project Managers and Directors)
- MI & Reporting Quality and Accuracy Control - ensuring reports are consistent, reporting one version of the truth, adhering to data governance and creating/following development frameworks
- Fully test all development work providing evidence of all tests completed and outcome, peer testing where applicable
- Streamline/review existing processes and reporting methods and make recommendations for improvements
- Gather and document requirements fully to allow report to be written correctly first time
- Reduce all manual processes, using automation wherever practical
- Estimate delivery timescales accurately
- Continuously improve you own professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry developments & innovations. Encourage, support and mentor other team members in their own development
- Maintain a positive and solution-oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback to other team members and MI & Data Manager
Skills & Experience
- Experience working with MI tools such as: SQL, SSRS, SSIS, and SQL Server
- ETL Experience
- Awareness of MI best practices
- High degree of experience working with large sets of data
- Awareness of other technologies and methods within the data space
This is a great opportunity to join a company that cares about their employees and are constantly looking to develop and grow themselves and the individuals within.