London, Titchfield or Newport - work remotley for the foreseeable and then choice out of three locations.
6 Months OUTSIDE IR35
SC clearance is needed.
We are seeking an experienced methodologist with SC security clearance to support urgent analytical work on Covid-19 and to support the transformation of the population statistics system. Excellent programming skills are a must for this role, which will also provide support to other methodologists working to deadlines.
We need an experienced methodologist (ideally who has worked in this area of work previously -mortality projections and statistical uncertainty) with excellent skills in communicating complex coding and methods. The post is suitable for those wishing to work less than 1FTE.
- Providing methodological and programming support to the Census and Population Statistics Hub.
- Providing project support in several areas, including mortality projections and measures of statistical uncertainty.
- Working with large complex datasets in a secure research environment.
- SC cleared
- Appropriate programming skills (R, SAS, Python).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
Relevant Skills and Experience
- Experience of working with large, complex datasets
- Strong programming skills, for example Python, R, SAS
- Experience of complex statistical modelling methods
- Strong written and verbal communicator