My client are looking for 2 x MySQL DBAs for fully remote 3-6 month contracts. The rate is £450-£500 per day outside IR35.
You will be required to manage all aspects of the end-to-end delivery of support for all the SQL Servers & Databases, adhering to the relevant standards and assisting projects where necessary.
You will lead design and query optimization to achieve highly scalable system.
In addition, you will have experience of administering, supporting, and building Linux based MySQL Version 5.7. databases in a business-critical production environment.
Your role will involve:
- Design DB with Capacity Management consideration and incremental load
- Maintaining and monitoring the database platforms
- Performance tuning: indexing, partitioning & load balancing.
- Develop and practice disaster recovery plans to ensure data integrity.
- Troubleshoot database performance issues and architect solutions with development teams.
- Help ensure security and compliance across all database systems.
- Execute database upgrades.
- Manage database ACLs.
- Automate as much as possible.
- Analyse and determines informational needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, proposed manipulation, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities for complex databases. Recommends and implements course of action based on analyses.
- Defines logical attributes and inter-relationships and designs complex data structures to accommodate database production, storage, maintenance, and accessibility to enhance performance.
- Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Ubuntu, PowerShell, bash Windows
- Databases: MySQL, Percona, Couchbase, NoSQL concepts
- Languages: Shell T-SQL, PL/SQL
You must be avaiable immediately or maximum 2 weeks notice. If you would like to be considered then please apply and I will be in touch with suitbale candidates.