Network and Cloud Operations Engineer
£38,000 - £45,000
My client is a market leading professional services organisation based in the heard of Birmingham and are looking for a Network and Cloud Operations Engineer to join their team. This is a hands-on role giving you the opportunity to build, implement, deploy and support on premise and cloud hosted networks.
My client is going through a full digital transformation and are looking to drive the growth of their technology and ensure it is being used efficiently and effectively. Although your responsibilities will be predominantly focused around the network and security, it gives you the change to delve further into the cloud and broaden your knowledge. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to take a step further in their career and develop your own personal knowledge to a greater level.
- Providing maintenance and support of the Cisco and HPE switches
- Managing and configuring firewalls, networks (WAN/LAN), wireless networks
- Help to expand the Azure cloud platform network
- Expand the coverage of expertise for physical and virtual networking as well as Cloud based security and Cybersecurity services
- Work with the operational security team to help develop traditional and cyber security controls
- Perform cloud platform admin, maintenance and monitoring
- Administration of O365 and other SaaS based environments
- Work with third party support professionals as required to resolve system issues as well as to optimise infrastructure
Skills & Experience
- Ability to cross-skill and troubleshoot network related issues (switching, routing, firewall, etc)
- Experienced with Cisco
- Experience of Azure networking
- ITL foundation qualification or relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of Microsoft O365
- Experience in IaaS, Paas, SaaS
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Network Engineer to take the next step and delve into the cloud technology with a company looking to constantly improve. If you feel this is the right opportunity for you or want to hear more then apply or get in touch.