- £440 - £450 per day + OUTSIDE IR35
- Job Type
- Zoe Latuszka
£450 per day. Outside IR35.
Remote for foreseeable/duration if needed. - Mainly remote working for the foreseeable future, except where access to physical hardware is required, which will be on-site at office base in Edinburgh.
An experienced Network Engineer is required to assist Registers of Scotland in the design and build of new network infrastructure and support of existing network service.
Registers of Scotland is on a journey to move from infrastructure on-premise to products in the cloud. The Site Resilience team is one of several teams established to enable RoS to deliver high quality and resilient digital products. The team is multi-functional with a strong collaborative and agile culture.
- Extension of RoS network perimeter to new locations - inclusive of setting up hardware such as routers, switches, firewalls and remote access devices
- Integrated cloud services to our existing network (i.e. AWS, M365)
- Datacentre management and planning inclusive of power distribution and best practice design
- Future RoS network, including wireless network refresh
- New Network Monitoring solution
- Contribute towards Cisco to Arista Network refresh project, designed end-to-end and deployed as infrastructure as code. Support data centre, Campus network, and Wi-Fi refresh projects
- Support NSX-V to NSX-T migration
- Support for existing network infrastructure
- Optimisation of existing and new network infrastructure
- Network consultancy and support for other teams and projects.
- Extensive and demonstratable experience working with Palo Alto technologies inclusive of content filtering and network security
- Substantial experience with Cisco, Juniper technologies
- Extensive routing & switching experience (OSPF, BGP)
- Common design topologies for layer 2 & 3 services
- Palo Alto firewall administration
- Experience with Nexus product line
- Strong knowledge of OSPF design together with performance tuning
- Strong knowledge of BGP design and operational management
- Expertise with data centre management and best practices. Knowledge and experience of Agile working, including such disciplines as Kanban, feedback, retrospectives, VFQ.
- Risk aware, focused on risk reduction and mitigation
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective team working and technical decision making
- Quality focused, due care and attention taken to ensure solutions and platform meet their quality criteria and the team standards set
- Experience of designing and leading infrastructure projects
- Creativity - taking new approaches to tackle problems; embracing innovation and sharing knowledge with, a range of sources and stakeholders
- Experience designing & configuring multi-datacentre fabrics
- Experience with deployment and fine-tuning of IPAM/Monitoring solutions such as Netbox/LibreNMS/Kentik.
- Certified Across: CCNP/CCIE,PCNSE
- Automation and infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD pipelines to automate network service delivery (Ansible, Arista, Python)
- Substantial experience with Arista CloudVision
- Knowledge and experience of network monitoring solutions (Thousand Eyes, Catchpoint or Appneta)
- Strong proponent of automation in design and implementation
- Work with wider assurance function to ensure DR / BCP design, testing procedures are well established and performant
- General security design and architecture knowledge
- Experience of SDN NSX Environment
- Experience of Cisco OTV support
- Experience with VMWare VSphere, cross site deployments
- Arista (ACE),