I am recruiting for a Network Engineer on behalf of one of Manchester's biggest and best technology companies.
The role is focussing on their Content Delivery Network along with the provisioning and deployment of other services that directly support their website.
You will also be responsible for providing forensic analysis to support production and route to live applications.
You will be responsible for;
- Creating and deploying service configuration utilising NetScaler, Varnish, HAProxy and DNS.
- Designing and reviewing of technical proposals in support of new product functionality.
- Identifying caching opportunities and performance optimisations in deployed products utilising the expansive forensics platform.
- Performing application and packet inspection utilising a range of enterprise and open source tooling.
- Assisting development and other infrastructure teams in designing efficient and secure product delivery solutions.
- Identifying opportunities for automation and working with Technical Leads to put these into place.
- Providing 2nd and 3rd line support to the 24/7 NOC for complex incidents and problems.
Required Skills ;
- Strong understanding of load balancing and how to implement across a multi-vendor deployment.
- Strong understanding of web application caching concepts and technologies, with a knowledge of how to implement across multiple technologies such as Citrix, NetScaler and Varnish.
- Troubleshooting HTTP, TCP applications in a large, enterprise network environment.
- Strong understanding of traditional network routing and switching concepts, as well as firewalls and security technologies.
- Experience in a technical support or operations environment.
- Good understanding of DNS functionality and concepts.
- Exposure to and administration of Linux operating systems and applications.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced amidst a hardworking and delivery focused company ethos. They like to hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technologies greatest challenges.